Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Alabama 31, Florida 3

I'd like to officially advise everyone that Alabama football is back.

Back to the Top 10.

You can't get too excited over one victory, but the 31-3 drubbing of 5th-ranked Florida sure makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

I was 15 in 1992 when Alabama won their last National Championship. Since then, they haven't really come close. Even when they've won (like 1999's SEC Championship team), it's been due to overachievement. More often than not, however, it's been a mediocre bowl game or probation (which makes whatever is done irrelevant).

This week is an off week, and Ole Miss is next. It will be televised nationally (either CBS or ESPN2) and I'll be watching to see if they suffer a letdown or if I can really get fired up!

Roll Tide!

No comments: