Friday, October 28, 2005

WWdN Tournament

I'm playing in the WWdN Tournament on PokerStars right now. Currently, I'm sitting on the left of Mr. Wheaton himself. I'm doing OK, but we're only on the second level. A note later after the tournament's over.

Wil's live-blogging the event here. I'm the first hand pre-flop raiser. I had KK.

Later...

Update 11:48 PM: I'm out of the tournament. However, I hit the money...

PokerStars Tournament #14090593, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $10.00/$1.00
118 players
Total Prize Pool: $1180.00
Tournament started - 2005/10/28 - 21:00:00 (ET)

Dear RandomSam,

You finished the tournament in 11th place.
A $14.16 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Not a huge cash award, but I'm happy to have done so well. My end came when I had Qd-10c before the flop in the small blind. I raise in an attempt to steal the pot, but was called by GRobman.

Flop comes Qh-6h-3h. I bet, he calls.

Turn comes 8d. I check. GRob goes all-in and I reluctantly call. He shows pocket 8's.

River is the 4 of spades and I'm out in 11th place.

Wil has been live blogging the event over at CardSquad, and I'm mentioned more than once. It was a great experience, and I can't wait to play in the next one, which I'll post a link to once Wil announces it officially.

Update 12:18 AM: GRobman won the tournament! Makes me not feel so bad. He proceeded to take my chips (among others) and break the last 10 players down. Congrats!

No comments: