Monday, November 28, 2005

Stuff and Stuff

Back to the grind after a four-day weekend! I hope everyone had an excellent Thanksgiving weekend.

Gretchen and I returned from our Alabama Thanksgiving trip yesterday without event. It was good to see my family and hang out for a couple of days. It was also good to "unplug" from the internets for a few days, as nary a computer was to be found in our weekend excursion.

Thanksgiving dinner was amazing. My dad made his typically excellent ham, my stepsister (probably last time I call her that - sister from here on out) Tamara made a delicious turkey (smoked and non-smoked, yum!), and my mom made all the other sides (I think, I'm sure Mom will correct me should I be incorrect), including homemade dumplings (from an old family recipe), stuffing, and three casseroles - broccoli, squash, and sweet potato. Damn fine eating.

Dessert was quite good as well, with pecan, chocolate pecan, Cool Whip, and pumpkin pies and a coconut cake. I opted for the cake and Gretchen went for the pumpkin pie.

After dinner and cleanup, we went into some family chatter, card playing, and football watching (my Falcons won, w00t!). All in all an excellent day. It's always good to go back home for the holidays.

In other news, we have a heads-up poker tournament this week instead of our regular Poker Night. It should be an interesting change of pace. I'm loading up PokerStars for some heads-up Sit N Go action to prepare. I'd advise Josh and Justin to do the same thing, but that wouldn't be good for me, now would it? I'm sure one of us (or all three, maybe) will have a report up this weekend.

Well, I'm out...time to go heads-up with a random person on PokerStars...

No comments: