Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Don't call it a comeback...

OK, I know I'm behind on the Heads-Up Challenge post and blogging in general. Unfortunately, something happened that I couldn't foresee...

I got sick.

RandomSam was taken out of action by some viral nonsense. Gretchen was sick while I was playing poker on Sunday (I didn't cash, but that's another story - one I will tell soon) and not feeling well enough for work Monday. I was feeling not-so-good myself, but I trudged into work nonetheless. Two hours later, I'm calling G for a ride home. I proceed to head to bed for 90% of Monday.

This morning my stomach fun had left, but my head was still spinning. There was no way I was sitting at a computer for 8-9 hours, so I called off and opted for bed. After another four hours of sleep, I was feeling better. I convalesced the rest of the afternoon, but was feeling up to par at about 10, so I went downstairs to check mail and the like. So, upon checking the blogosphere, I find this on Wil's site.

Poker tourney at 10:30? I'm in. I've got energy to burn.

For the results, I'll turn to my email from PokerStars:

PokerStars Tournament #16147912, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $10.00/$1.00
20 players
Total Prize Pool: $200.00
Tournament started - 2005/12/06 - 22:30:00 (ET)

Dear RandomSam,

You finished the tournament in 1st place.
A $100.00 award has been credited to your Real Money account.


Congratulations!
Thank you for participating.

Tournament notes: I was down to under $600 in chips when I was dealt the HAMMER. I push all-in and doubled up. Apparently it was meant to be. I got extremely lucky later on as well, when Wil went all-in with pocket 5's (Presto!), I reraised with AJ and was called by speedemonz all-in with AQ. I catch a Jack on the flop and neither of the other hands improved. Other than that, I played tight and protected my hands when I had to and trusted my reads. Best poker I've played, although I got quite lucky as well.

Great "get well" gift!

Thank you to Wil for setting this up! It was great fun and I hope to do it again sometime.

Off to bed for me. I must work tomorrow.

No comments: