Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Stuff

I have so totally not felt like blogging over the past few days. I've been just limping around the internets aimlessly. A few oddments for you...


  • Josh introduced me (and Justin and a few others) to a new (to us) real-time strategy game, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds. It's quite good, and definitely a change from StarCraft, which was our previous RTS game of choice. A LAN party is scheduled for Monday, which is a holiday at work. Lots of Jedi, Sith, Gungans, rebels, Stormtroopers and the like are gonna die.
  • I cashed in a PokerStars tournament Monday night. I finished 196th out of 2298 players. Not a monumental task, but it gets me out of the funk I've been in regarding those tourneys. The last few 2000+ player tournaments I've played on 'Stars, I went out between 300 and 400. I should've/could've done better, but I let some things around the house distract me. I may play in one tonight with the music and headphones on and see what happens. (By the way, for my finish, I won $8.27. I paid in $3.30. That's right. Five bucks. At least I had fun...)
  • In case you didn't see it, Gretchen scored higher (peep the comments) than I did on the nerd test. I don't know what that means other than I'm an extremely lucky human.
  • We registered for Origins early this year. Josh, Justin, and I got four-day passes and Gretchen and Leslie (Justin's wife for those who aren't keeping score at home) got Saturday tickets. Team RandomHumans.com will be out in force! Hopefully, in our own shirts...definitely in PANTS ('cause none of you want to see us without them, and if you do, you need professional help...)! Seriously, though, we'll probably play lots of Magic and poker, since that is what we do. Well, that and celebrate our personal geekdom, natch.

Speaking of shirts, we are quite happy to accept submissions for a cool shirt. If anyone out there actually cares enough to do so, send an email to randomshirts(at)randomhumans.com and we'll take a look at it. Chances are if we want to use your design, you'll get a free one and a mention on the site and stuff. No promises or anything...I'm just sayin' "if"...

No comments: