Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Damn, a Whole Lot of Crap Happened This Weekend...

Hello, all you happy people. Did you miss me?

No?

Oh, OK, then...

Pants.

I've...uh...got a secret. Wanna hear?

Come closer...

Closer...

CLOSER!!!!!

I went curling on Thursday instead of playing poker. It was fun. I wasn't very good.

Ahem...really. Yeah, so Gretchen and I went curling with Lynn, Heath, and Lisa (friends and coworkers). It was a "Beginning Curler Clinic" hosted by the Columbus Curling Club (Columbus has a curling club! Who knew?). Heath was the best at it, and I...well, I got really sore. It's more work that you'd think if you've just watched it on TV. Great fun was had, and it's something I could see myself doing again sometime in the future.

On Friday, I saw V for Vendetta with Justin and Gordon. I have but one word for that movie:

HAWESOME!!!!

Hugo Weaving is the man (even though you basically never see his face), and Natalie Portman was very good as well. My new mission...to find a copy of the graphic novel and find out why in the hell Alan Moore had such a problem with it. I know the book was tremendous, but I never got to finish it. Soon, very soon...

If you checked out BlackroseWorld, you know about Saturday's Magic tournament. If you didn't...you are bad. Very, very bad. We finished 4-3, but had a tremendous time. Two-Headed Giant Sealed is an amazing format, and we will be playing again! (I'll be throwing up a cross-post to both blogs with links to each audio update soon.)

On an unfortunate note, I probably won't be hitting the online poker bottle as hard over the coming weeks, due to a weird funk that's affecting my ability to focus and play my best. I need to limit my online poker time and see where it leads. I'll probably play in the random WWdN tourney, but that's about it for now. It's a good thing, methinks and mehopes.

Until next time...

Pants.

No comments: