Wednesday, March 14, 2007

WoW!

I did it.

I've been trying to stay away, but I was weak.

OK...actually...um...it's Justin's fault...and Josh's...yeah...blame it on them...that's the ticket.

Perhaps it's better to start at the beginning...

I've recently upgraded my computer. It's nothing special, but the box is now less archaic and more just "a step or two behind" current. Thanks to my Mom, I was able to last another year or so with my previous set up (she gave me her old computer whose hard drive was on the fritz to replace my old case/motherboard/power supply that was disabled by a power surge at the hands of lightning), but I really needed an upgrade. Josh and Justin realized this, and since I'm basically broke, stepped up and helped me out. Here's the rundown of who contributed what to my new setup:

Sam - new case, new 512 stick of memory, monitor, speakers, printer, scanner, keyboard, mouse, external cables, comic relief
Justin - motherboard, processor, processor fan, hard drive cables, general knowledge and awesomeness
Josh - DVD-RW drive, 80 gb hard drive, 512 stick of memory, tools, first attempt case and video card, swift kick in Sam's pants so that he actually would upgrade this century
Heath - 20 gb hard drive, video card that we actually used, staying away from the house so that my dog didn't bark at him thereby disallowing any progress on building the machine

All told, I'm out about 100 bucks. Not too shabby.

Anywho, immediately upon my upgrade, Josh wanted me to try out Final Fantasy XI with him and Joe. I was set to give it a go, when Justin did something kind of evil...

He received a World of Warcraft free trial from a co-worker.

In all fairness, I've had many people (that I'm not terribly close to) attempt to get me into the game before, but I haven't had the computer specs nor the desire to play with folks I barely know. However, now that Justin was trying it out, I had to.

I had to, I tell you!

Really!

So, anyway, we have been playing for about a week now and it is a tremendous game. Worth all the hype, it's a beautiful world (albeit not as pretty as FF11, OK Josh?) with tremendous gameplay. Justin and I have since assimilated Josh and Phill (and maybe Joe, soon) into WoW. You may notice a recurring theme amongst our character names, which follow:

Randompants - Lvl 13 Human Mage (Sam)
Krunchypants - Lvl 12 Gnome Rogue (Justin)
Thorinpants - Lvl 11 Dwarf Paladin (Josh)
Bigpants - Lvl 10 Human Paladin (Phill)

We play in the Thunderhorn Realm. Expect screenshots of our adventures as we go along. If you happen to find yourself in Thunderhorn, look us up (tell us you read the site) and we'll buy you a (in-game) beer.

Laters...

No comments: