Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Rambling Randomly...

Did you know there is a website which offers a random number generating service? That's right folks. RANDOM NUMBERS. Visit www.random.org for fun with random numbers. Yay randomness!

Of course, if you don't like randomness, then you can get not-so-random numbers. NoEntropy.net can give you this. Of course, if you are reading this blog (I've confirmed that there are five of you), I'm sure that you would prefer randomness. Of course, since the rest of the world isn't reading this, then maybe nonrandomness is the way to go. I don't know...

Justin and I saw Constantine this weekend. Good movie, but not 100% true to the Hellblazer comic on which it was based. Keanu Reeves makes a good asshole. Rachel Weisz (from the Mummy movies) does a great job in her role as the cop turned unwilling psychic. All in all a good ride, but it will be hated by the Hellblazer crowd. Such is life. Get over it, fellow comic geeks. It ain't all bad...

Actually, I think I'll start hating all things not true to the original. In fact, starting now, I hate the X-Men movies. Should have called Jean Grey "Marvel Girl." Shouldn't have had Wolverine, Storm, or Rogue. Should have just had them get their asses kicked by Magneto until Professor Xavier could find some solution that makes no sense. Yeah, that's the ticket...or not. I think I'll still like those movies after all. I can accept the minor changes for the good of the story. Whew...that was close.

***WE INTERRUPT YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED POST FOR A RANT - THIS WILL CONTAIN INFORMATION NOT KNOWN TO THOSE UNFAMILIAR TO THE SUBJECT MATTER. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.***

Of course, what Hollywood did with Queen of the Damned was utter crap...I would have thought so had I not read the books, but come on...the scene when Lestat wakes up and walks outside - in the daytime, no less - irks me on many levels. If I remember my Vampire Chronicles, the last time Akasha was outside during the daytime, the vampire race ended up extra crispy. Now, her and Lestat can share their metaphorical cigarettes after sex outside, no matter the hour. That's believable, really.

***THIS CONCLUDES OUR RANT. WE NOW RETURN YOU TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED POST, ALREADY IN PROGRESS.***

Speaking of movies, I'm checking out a midnight screening of The Princess Bride on March 25. If you're in Columbus it's at the Lennox Theatre. If you're not, you have my permission not to care.

'Til next time...

No comments: