Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Live Blogging Tournament de WWdN

As Justin mentioned, Wil is having his regular Tuesday tourney tonight. I, too, shall be live blogging the event.

Pants.

Back when cards are in the air!

8:29 EST - I've been seated, and we've got 121 players so far. I'll update after early registration closes.

8:32 - I win my first pot when my pocket 3s hold up against shewhore's Ace high.

8:36 - I get another pot from shewhore when I get AJ on the button and flop two pair. I get called all the way down and rake a sizeable pot. I'm up over 2000 now.

8:55 - Firefox was acting up, so I've restarted my machine. I've picked up three or four pots without seeing a flop. Justin was eliminated in 120th. I didn't see the hand due to the restart. Bummer.

Also...the prize levels and such:

125 players

18 placed paid

1st $375
2nd $250

Pretty cool.

9:02 - Lost a good size pot with AK. GScottW called my opening raise with QJ and hit a Q. I never improved, and proceeded to continue calling until the end. Valuable info, but expensive. I'm down to around 1700. Got to step it up...

9:09 - Picked up a huge pot against drjgame3 when I raised preflop, was called. I bet $200 on flop, was raised to $500. I reraised to $1000 and he folded. I'm above par again, thankfully. I've got 2705 right now.

9:16 - Just checked out CardSquad, and guess what? Wil linked to us! w00t! I now return you to normal tournament action. Current hand: K2 off. Fold.

This is riveting!

Pants.

9:23 - I've been moved to another table. Garthmeister has a stack over 8000. NHL 200X gets booted when Garth makes a flush. He's got over 9800. Uphill climb for Sam.

Sabboth busted Wil, so he's got the next tourney named after him. Congrats!

9:29 - Chaswell doubled through Garthmeister with KK. Garth had 99 and didn't improve. A little hope yet.

9:31 - Break time! I've got 2755, good for 26th. Par is 2568, so I'm OK. Still need to do some work. Back after break.

9:42 - Teekno has taken around 750 of my chips on the last two hands. Must consider new method of playing them... I've still got about 2500.

9:46 - Problem solved. I raise before flop with 88, he calls. Flop comes 6-9-7. I bet, Teekno pushes, I call. AQ offsuit. Teek doesn't improve and I take a nice pot. I'm right around 4000 in chips right now.

9:54 - I'm up to 4810 in chips. Nothing really to mention...I've had a couple nice hands that haven't got customers. We'll see how things go. I'm currently 12th.

9:58 - Chaswell got busted by owentgs when his QJ ran into AJ on the river when a jack came off.

10:01 - I took a nice pot from Garth and am up over 7000. Landed in 4th place. I also have been moved. Shane Nickerson is here. Should be fun!

10:06 - HAMMER sighting! BrainMc doubled up through cfinnn when his HAMMER made a boat against cfinnn's two pair. Two hands later, I drop the HAMMER on Decker711. Love the HAMMER, live the HAMMER.

Pants.

10:14 - Just lost a big hand to Nickerson. I had QJ and called his preflop raise from the big blind. I hit a Queen on the flop and pushed on flop and turned. I couldn't get him away from his hand, and the river came with an Ace. He shows AK. Bummer. Nice hand, Shane.

10:19 - Moved to yet another table. I get into a pot with tajeric which involves me all-in with 8's versus his KK. I hit an 8 on the flop and another on the river, for quads! CJ gives a "dems quads beeches" from his observers post. Taj is crippled and goes out a couple of hands later. Ouch.

10:29 - It's official. I'm a luckbox. I raise with KJ and get raised by Sabboth. I think for a minute and I think he may be trying to push me off the hand. So, I move in. He considers laying it down, but calls. Good move, as he has QQ. Of course, in true luckbox fashion, I hit a King and double up. I totally have to keep playing solid. That way, I can get what's coming to me.

I'm in 4th right now with about 15k.

10:37 - Break time! The top 5:

drjgame3 22593
CautionESPN 16359
griffondg 16346
RandomSam (!) 15135
BrianMC 14085

Back post-break!

10:40 - Break's almost over, and I have an announcement.

I have Limeade.

That is all.

10:46 - drjgame3 is on fire! He has nearly 30k in chips. Of course, he's at my table.

Pants.

10:49 - We're in the money! 18 players left.

10:57 - Eliminations so far:

18 - Hughesers
17 - tapefighter
16 - Roark-8

I'm currently in 4th with 15073. Once I do something interesting, I'll blog it.

11:05 - HAMMER sighting! I raised with the HAMMER before the flop. Boobie Lover calls. Flop comes A66. I bet, Boobie folds. I show, of course. Boobie Lover had dropped a few HAMMERs earlier, so it was quite appropriate. I'm sure Wes will return the favor in some way.

Recent eliminations:

15 - CautionESPN
14 - Shane Nickerson
13 - JeffSmith
12 - dyaz33

I'm in 6th with about 15k.

11:18 - Final table, baby! Dutch77777 (from Columbus) finished 11th and Phil Logan finished 10th. I'm in 4th with about 19000.

w00t!

11:21 - CawtBluffin went out in 9th when her AKo ran into Budohorseman's K6 of clubs. Budo's cards paired and Cawt went down.

(Originally had Cawt as a "he." Was corrected...sorry.)

11:30 - VTepes went down in 8th. I missed the hand.

griffondg finished 7th. Lost to BrainMC's pocket aces...that made quads.

Alas, my run is over. I finished 6th when my KQ ran into Brain's pocket 7s. I overplayed the hand, but I needed to make a move anyway. Pants.

Thanks to everyone for reading this. Thanks to Wil for hosting. Comment and let me know what you think. 'Til next week!

No comments: