Thursday, February 16, 2006

Return

Yesterday, Gretchen and I returned from our trip down south. My grandfather passed away on Wednesday, February 8, about one hour after G and I arrived. My mom tells the story of the time before, during, and after here.

My two cents: I've lost someone who wasn't just my grandfather, but also a dear friend. However, I thank God that he's no longer suffering with his illness and has moved on to what I believe is a much better place than this rock we're tooling around on. It's sad for us, but for him, it's all good.

As I said in one of my last posts, my mom has been a champ in all of this. I'm just glad I was able to help at least a little bit in the time I was there this past week.

A couple random things (since that's what we do here) before I go:
  • Baby! Damn that kid is cute. Can't be Justin's and Leslie's...just can't...oh wait, it looks like them...(awkward)...Congratulations! Since we couldn't be there for birth, expect the spoiling to be at one million percent or something.
  • Congrats to SirFWALGMan on winning the last WWdN tournament I participated in. Congrats to Justin for finishing 17th in this weeks tourney. Congrats to me and Justin in advance for doing well next Tuesday (power of positive thinking, right?). I plan to live blog again, so we'll see how that goes.
  • PANTS.
Laters...

No comments: